LIFE SKILLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS!
There is much written on the subject of relationships and here I will simply refer to what I have found to be a few of the main reasons why relationships can be ‘a challenge’.
* Most of us haven’t been taught the life skills to have happy relationships.
* Not being able to handle anger in a way that works for themselves or their partner.
* Having weak boundaries which can lead to being……
* Unable to communicate what is not working for them and then being……
* Too scared to clear issues when they are small ones.
* Behaviour that leads to dis-trust.
* Expecting someone else to make you happy.
* Allowing a partner ‘to rule the roost’.
* Codependency behaviours can reek havoc in a relationship with one partner usually feeling resentful.
* Putting a too high an expectation on how the relationship ‘should’ be.
* Blaming is something that does not work anywhere, because…….
* When we blame someone else, we give away our ‘power’ and are unable to resolve what’s not working.
* Not being ‘up front’ and honest with our partner.
* Not spending the necessary time together to ‘nurture’ the relationship.
* Like work or anything worthwhile, we have to ‘put time and effort’ into making them work.
A much more detailed version can be found in ‘Articles’ on this web-site.