LIFE SKILLS FOR GAINING A ‘WIN/WIN’ RESULT!
1. Firstly be very clear what it is that you would like in the situation that’s not working out for you.
2. Ask the other person what it is they ‘want’ – what they would like to happen?
3. Really listen to what they say.
4. Explain to them clearly, simply and nicely what it is that you would like to occur.
5. The ‘ideal’ is for both people to communicate until a compromise is attained – i.e. each person gains something they ‘wanted’.
6. If this becomes ‘a challenge’ maybe discuss the circumstances with a third person.
(Remember some situations and people don’t change! At the point of realising this, it’s about accepting this and making a different choice and moving on).